Monday, October 6, 2008

Salmon patties/burgers

My kids really don't like fish...I think it's a texture thing, but when we went to Yosemite this summer my daughter tried a salmon burger I had an loved it so I thought I would try and make them at home. Here is my super simple recipe and it really yummy.

1 1/2 lbs. fresh salmon chopped up very finely. I used a Pampered Chef chopper but you could just as easily use a food processor or a knife. (this isn't an exact amount. I just bought two big fillets at the store and it happened to be 1 1/2 lbs.)
**(my husband's mom used to make them with canned salmon so I guess you could use that instead, I just don't like canned fish).
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs (you could use flavored if you wanted a different taste)
1-1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients like you would a meatloaf mixture. Form into patties. Put a little oil in a frying pan and cook on both sides. I think it took maybe 5-10 minutes for each patty. I cooked one side until it looked like the raw fish texture was mostly gone then I would flip it and just brown the other side. Serve patty style with side dishes or put on buns like burgers. Yummy and good for you too.

No comments: