Sunday, October 5, 2008

Super Easy and Quick Chicken Pot Pie

This is a dish that I make when I'm not really in the mood for cooking. It's quick, inexpensive, and warms up well the next day for lunch. :) I've played around with the vegetables that I add. Along with the frozen mixed veggies, I like to toss in broccoli florets and chopped onion (warning: defrost broccoli before you add it to the mixture).

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

1 package of crescent rolls
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 package of frozen mixed veggies
1-2 large Chicken breasts, cooked-- shredded or cubed (canned chicken works as well)
Salt and other seasonings

Preheat oven to 375°. Mix cream of chicken soup, mixed veggies, and chicken in pie dish. Add salt and other seasonings to taste. Press crescent dough together and spread to the edges leaving a small gap (about ¼ inch) between the dough and pie dish. Bake the pot pie for about 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Instead of using a normal size pie dish, sometimes I use my smaller size Pyrex dishes to create individual size chicken pot pies.

No comments: