Thursday, September 18, 2008

Alfredo Sauce

This is some alfredo sauce I made last night to go with Autumns Chicken Parm.

It's not healthy or good for you, but it certainly was GOOD!

Reviews of the Chicken Parm with Alfredo:

my dad: "out of this world! the best parm I have ever had I bet"
Jeremy (who is ultra picky): I would definitely have this again, it was really good!"

I made alfredo sauce because I don't like red sauce and my mom can't have red sauce and everyone ended up using the alfredo once they tasted it.

Thanks Autumn for a GREAT dinner last night!

Here is my alfredo recipe: (not really mine, but one I found)

Alfredo Sauce:
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly cracked black pepper

To prepare alfredo sauce: Heat heavy cream over low-medium heat in a deep saute pan. Add butter and whisk gently to melt. Sprinkle in cheese and stir to incorporate. Season with freshly cracked black pepper.

A few things I did differently:
I cooked the sauce on LOW, I added the butter a tad soft, but not softened, I used regular (fresh) parmesan cheese, and normal pepper and it still turned out GREAT!

No comments: