Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Taco Salad

This is a recipe I got from a random girl I don't know who made this when I went to her house to play Bunco in Utah. I made it tonight and it got great ratings from everyone.

Taco Salad:
Sauce
1 can (12 oz) enchilada sauce
1 can (8 oz) of tomato sauce
1 c. water
1 Chopped green pepper
1 Chopped onion

Combine in sauce pan and simmer.
Brown 1 lb. of hamburger and add to the sauce.
(This works great in a crock pot all day on low. In fact, it tastes better if you slow cook it all day.)

Salad
3 cups cooked rice
Tortilla Chips and/or Frito chips (chili cheese fritos)
1 ½ - 2 cups of grated cheese
Lettuce ( I just used a head of lettuce)
Sour cream, salsa, or salad dressing
To serve: Spread chips and fritos on plate. Put rice over chips. Pour sauce over and cover with grated cheese. Put lettuce on top. Garnish with salsa, sour cream, or salad dressing.

(Not the most appetizing picture, I'm not a photographer...I promise it tastes good though)

I also made a small fruit salad to go with it that we ate for dessert. I just cut up bananas, peaches, grapes and apples and then added some butter toffee almond slices.

No comments: