Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pulled Pork Sandwiches


Ingredients:

-Pork Butt or Pork Shoulder ( I used shoulder)
-1 packet of Chili seasoning mix (I used Lawrys brand, I had a coupon!)
- 1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I used Famous Daves Rich and Sassy)
-hamburger buns



Directions:

Rub your pork shoulder with the chili seasoning (the night before is better so it has time to marinade, but I did mine right before I put it in the crock pot and it tasted good that way too)

Put pork in crock pot and turn on LOW. Ignore it for 6-8 hours (or longer if you want)

About half way through, flip the pork over to the other side so it can cook. (I flipped mine after 5 hours.)

2 hours before you want to eat, pull your pork butt out of the slow cooker (I used one of those aluminum pans) and just take a couple of forks and pull it apart. You will have to resist eating it from this pan, Im just warning you, its VERY difficult. I put gum in my mouth when I did this job.

Put the now pulled pork back in the cooker and pour your BBQ sauce on top. Stir.

Ignore for 2 more hours! Or 1 hour. Whatever.

ENJOY!