Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries


Having trouble getting your kids to eat veggies?? I made sweet potato fries last night and i loooooved them!!!

I just cut the sweet potato in strips, sortof thick. I drizzled olive oil on top, mixed them all up so they all got covered and then sprinkled a little garlic salt on top. Bake at 400 for around 45 min or so...whenever they are done.

My one year old loved them, the picky 3 year old also ate them because they were "fries". I couldn't fool the 6 year old, and she didn't love them, but i sure did!!!

I also made cornflake chicken to go with it. Just crush cornflakes and roll chicken in egg wash and then cornflakes. put on a sprayed tin foil pan. Also cook at 400. usually I make the cornflake chicken into nuggets, but this time I kept them as strips. The kids like them better as nuggets.

The picture makes them all look pretty gross, but I swear, it is good.

No comments: