Monday, November 16, 2009

Cheeseburger Soup


This is even better the second day!!


2 pounds super lean ground beef 97/3
2 pints (32 oz) chicken stock
1 1/2 pints half and half (I just used cream and water - 2:3 ratio)
3/4 block of Velveeta, cubed (she used a cheese sauce, like from a can)
1 large onion, diced
3 med - large tomatoes, diced (I only used 1 large)
1/2 head of lettuce, chopped (I left this out)
seasonings of choice (I used Montreal Steak. That's what I normally put on burgers)
corn starch




In a large stock pot or dutch oven, sweat your onion until it's translucent. Then add your ground beef, season and cook until browned, drain.

Add your chicken stock, half and half and Velveeta. Let that cook until all the cheese is melted, but don't let it boil. Add more seasoning if needed and turn the heat down to low.
Cover and let cook until you are ready for supper. I let mine cook for 1 hour while I got the salad and crescent rolls ready!
Add your diced tomatoes and lettuce, stir it in and serve.
(Just before serving, add the corn starch to thicken it)

3 comments:

Pure Images said...

Sounds great! I am so happy that someone posted a recipe!!

Pure Images said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany - I couldn't reply to your comment, but I have been mailing out flowers to anyone that was unhappy they didn't get one. Even though I was clear, GD wasn't and I realize that it reflects on me and not them. Please email me at beverly@greengraciehome.com with your mailing address. Bev